What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $76,721 (Step 01) to $99,741 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: DEN-2020-0191
As a Research Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist within the New York Cooperative Fish &Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
Desirable candidates will possess the following: 1) ability to build a research program in applied landscape ecology focused on the spatial and temporal response of populations, communities, and/or ecosystems to environmental stressors (e.g., climate change, invasive species, hydrologic alterations, environmental contaminants, disease); 2) experience conducting research on adaptation on populations and species distributions with applications to climate-change adaptation, land use management, watershed management, or conservation planning; 3 expertise in spatial analysis, remote sensing, and geographic information systems; 4) experience designing, planning and conducting field research programs, and analyzing/synthesizing results from field research; and 5) knowledge of decision science (e.g., structured decision making and/or adaptive management) to support natural resource management.
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peerreviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - Overnight travel of an average of up to 5 nights per month may be required.
15 - The full performance level for a Research position is GS-15; however, promotion eligibility is dependent upon the scientific contributions of the incumbent as evaluated by a peer panel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563214000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.