The Office of Audit Services is responsible for protecting the integrity of HHS operations and programs by conducting audits that identify and report ways to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of operations and services to beneficiaries of HHS programs, and help reduce fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. OAS conducts audits and oversees audit work performed by others. OAS conducts work in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and follows applicable legal requirements.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThis position serves as a Supervisory IT Specialist in the Cybersecurity and IT Audit Division (CITAD), Office of Audit Services (OAS), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The incumbent provides technical expertise and assistance required to support CITAD, OAS, and OIG in performing a wide range of computer specialist assignments that require specific Information Technology (IT) knowledge in cybersecurity. Click the link to view CITAD marketing: https://oig.hhs.gov/about-oig/careers/citad/
If selected for this position, the incumbent will serve as a technical expert and be expected to perform the below functions:
- Oversees a team of specialists responsible for performing a variety of IT audit, cybersecurity assessment and advisory duties, as well as reviewing and communicating technical information during IT audit reviews, evaluations, or special projects involving information systems, information security (INFOSEC) programs, or IT operations.
- Manages staff to ensure INFOSEC requirements for the OIG Cyber Range Lab are satisfied throughout the design, implementation, and maintenance stages of the system.
- Advises the division director and represents the team as a technical expert on planned or adhoc groups, meetings, or speaker panels.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities, as well as cyber threats, such as, outside attackers accessing government systems from the internet or from within the organization.
- Prepares detailed written technical reports and work papers, presents audit findings and recommendations for review and examination by senior management; and makes oral presentations of findings.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the review of the design, development and modification of planned and existing DHHS and contractor computer systems and networks for application in Departmental programs and provides consultation and technical advice in the conduct of information systems (IS) audits.
- Plans, coordinates and directs work assignments, schedules and reschedules staff assignments due to changing deadlines and special project requests.
- Plans and executes formal and informal training sessions to the Division audit staff to assist them in keeping pace with state-of-the-art and technical applications in audits.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563208800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.