This position is located in Nutrition and Food Services at the Iowa City VA Heath Care System. Nutrition and Food Service is responsible for providing meals and nutritional care to Veteran patients at the Medical Center. The primary purpose of this Food Service Worker position is to perform basic, routine food service tasks made up of a sequence of steps and that require attention to work operations, sanitation, and safety.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Works tray line assembling room service trays.
- Checks that serving station is set up with the correct utensils, supplies, and food.
- Places food items on trays according to the tray ticket for each patient.
- Replenishes inventory and replaces expired items.
- Records temperature of ward refrigeration units.
- Restocks bulk nourishment cart as needed.
- Complies with daily schedules, menus, Nutrition and Food Services Procedures of quality of foods, safety, sanitation, portion control and security.
- When assigned to tray delivery and/or nourishment delivery, correctly identifies patient using two approved patient identifiers and serves the patient the correct meal and/or nourishment for their prescribed diet.
- Practices proper protocol when picking up soiled trays.
- Assists in mealtime and routine clean-up activities.
- Assembles and operates dish machine, either breaking down trays and loading dishes in the machine or removing clean dishes from the dish machine and checking them for cleanliness.
- Records temperatures on dish machine gauges.
Work Schedule: The work schedule is intermittent (no set work schedule). This position requires work on irregular tours including nights, weekends and holidays. There are no benefits with this position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/ 50172-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563176000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.