This position is located in GAO's Science, Technology Assessment, and Analytics (STAA) Team - Innovation Lab. STAA’s mission is to produce technology assessments, technical performance audits, science oversight audits, engineering sciences analyses, and advanced analytics and cybersecurity research to Congress and GAO overall.Learn more about this agency
- Leads execution of projects throughout the innovation lifecycle from ideation through deployment to develop next generation advanced analytics capabilities in support of current and future audits, investigations, business operations, and other oversight challenges relevant to GAO’s mission. As necessary, the incumbent will work with experts outside GAO to determine leading practices for advanced analytics.
- Demonstrates expert level understanding of diverse data science techniques including: Machine Learning (ML, including supervised, unsupervised, and adversarial), natural language processing (NLP, including sentiment classification and topic modeling), deep learning, robotics process automation (RPA), dimension reduction, geospatial analyses, entity resolution, rules-based queries, graph-based network modeling, advanced visualizations, descriptive statistics, and other statistical/mathematical/analytical methods. The incumbent needs to demonstrate how ensembles of these techniques can be harmonized into cohesive, user-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates expert level experience in using common data science tools, including scripted languages such as R, Python, SQL, and Java Scripts; Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and analytics platforms such as RStudio, SageMaker, RapidMiner, SAS, and Domino Data Lab; open-source solutions such as Kibana, Kubernetes, and elastic search; commercial off-the-shelf tools such as Informatica and Neo4j; and hardware-based capabilities such as Graphics Processing Units (GPU).
- Demonstrates expert level understanding of cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities. The incumbent will also direct implementations and configurations of tools and other computational resources within established information security boundaries.
- Provides expert advice, guidance and support to engagement teams across GAO on advanced analytics and related areas. Identifies key deficiencies in problem statements and/or proposed approaches or data access issues which are significant to the design, execution, and reporting out of advanced analytics pilots of the Innovation Lab.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563152700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.