You will serve as an Interdisciplinary Engineer or Scientist in the Machinery Research, Logistics & Ship Integrity Department; Materials, Structures, Environmental & Protection Division; Corrosion Engineering Branch (Code 332) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the Navy expert, advisor and consultant for Research, Development, Test and Evaluation, Life-Cycle Management, and In-Service Engineering for shipboard coating systems and technologies.
- You will provide the strategy for the design, characterization, processing, and testing of new coating processes and technologies as well as maintenance technologies that address coating performance issues.
- You will conceive, propose, plan, direct, and manage a wide range of projects for the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and maintenance of shipboard coating systems.
- You will provide authoritative guidance to management and technical personnel and outside organizations including NAVSEA Technical Warrant Holders, Ship Design Managers, Program Executive Offices, various Naval activities and government agencies.
- You will make final recommendations for acceptance of new coatings through data evaluation, laboratory testing and field inspections.
- You will develop and maintain technical NAVSEA Standard Item content for coating systems throughout the Fleet.
- You will lead the coordination and execution efforts of in-service engineering and life-cycle management for Naval coatings technology.
- You will develop state-of-the-art technologies that address future material corrosion performance requirements.
- You will lead various teams working on coatings projects to ensure a unified approach in the areas of cross-branch/division/department technical requirements.
- You will serve as the technical expert in Naval coatings at such a level that facilitates the resolution of novel or obscure problems.
- You will implement reliability growth models to proactively identify and mitigate potential coating problems.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563140500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.