The ideal candidate has experience in developingf Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Financial Management Systems (FMS); managing an administrative/ operational FMS program; providing authoritative advice on FMS program issues to senior officials. This position starts at a salary of $142,701 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Chief Financial Officer team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Supervisory Financial Program Manager for the Financial Systems Modernization Program Management Office, with the primary responsibility for the ongoing improvement of financial related business practices and related supporting systems. Typical assignments include:
- Administering and technically directing the overall operation of the Financial Systems Modernization PMO including the coordination of discretionary program development. Providing policy guidance and administrative direction for work to be completed by subordinates.
- Conducting comprehensive evaluations of ongoing, including leading strategic planning to determine goals, objectives, direction, and priorities of assigned organization, program, or project to meet mission critical requirements.
- Directing the capture, reporting, and analysis of statistical data relating to the organization’s operations and directing special studies or projects.
- Designing and conducting a wide variety of comprehensive studies and detailed analyses of complex functions and processes related to program planning and management.
- Applying an extensive knowledge of financial systems program management concepts, principles, and practices as well as a general knowledge of the methods, practices, and processes in engineering and science, including serving as a subject matter expert on the DHS Acquisition Lifecycle Framework (ALF) and Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC). Also applying knowledge of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Program, Planning, Budget and Execution software solutions.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563108100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.