This position is located at the Boston Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center (CSPCC) within the VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA. The employee will function as the Lead for the assigned Study Team(s) under the direction of a Senior Biostatistician in conjunction with the Associate Center Director of Science and Technology. Study Teams include research associates, project managers, office automation staff, and statistical programmers.Learn more about this agency
THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Principal Proponent and the Planning Committee to develop a successful Study Protocol for clinical trial proposals assigned to the Center;
- Provides guidance and direction in study design, statistical methodology for sample size estimation and data analysis, protocol requirements, data collection and management;
- Leads a study group, Data Monitoring Committee and Executive Committee meetings and/or conference calls
- Performs informatics and data processing activities and conducts critical interim and final statistical analyses using appropriate statistical methodology (both frequentist and bayesian);
- Analyzes collected data to elucidate significant factors, relationships, and trends;
- Designs sound research study protocols and conducts complex statistical analyses;
- Drafts and coordinates the submission of the primary and secondary publications resulting from study data analyses;
- Acts as the liaison for numerous aspects of the CSP clinical trial(s) including administrative and quality issues;
- Initiates and conducts research activities which may involve the modification of existing statistical methods or development of new and innovative statistical methods for a specific study or of general interest;
- Participates in the nationwide CSP biostatistics Subdomain, special Process Action Teams, and internal work groups; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00AM-4:30PM
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 2 years). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4-year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563073000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.