The ideal candidate for this position will have experience leading staff in daily response program delivery, and leading a regional inter-agency team in disaster program coordination to support state, local, and tribal authorities. This position starts at a salary of $136,686 (GS-15), with promotion potential to $170,800. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region Six team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will support the FEMA and Regional Administrators strategic and program goals by leading the Response Branch (Logistics, Operations Integration, Operations Planning and Regional Watch) and regional IMAT personnel in the execution of daily Response programs. Typical assignments include:
- Leading the Regional Response Coordination Staff (RRCS) (an interagency team of FEMA Region VI staff and public and private partners) in execution of response and disaster operations in support of state, tribal and local governments.
- Ensuring the readiness of the agency response staff and Regional Response Coordination Staff through training, exercise and professional development.
- Providing supervisory oversight to managers and staff to direct, oversee and coordinate work
- Developing, executing and managing Response Division budget.
- Serving as consultant and principal staff advisor to the Regional Administrator and Deputy Administrator on program matters.
- Developing and maintaining operational relationships and coordination efforts with national, state, public and private sectors partners to ensure readiness.
25% or less - Travel up to 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562993100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.