This vacancy is being announced under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program.Learn more about this agency
Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.
EXIM's Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
The Inspector General (OIG) heads an independent organization responsible for the audit, evaluation, and investigation of programs and operations of the Export-Import Bank (EXIM Bank); promoting economy, efficiency and effectiveness, and preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse related to those programs and operations; making recommendations concerning legislative and policy initiatives related to the Ex-Im Bank; and keeping Congress and the Chairman fully and promptly informed on problems and deficiencies in the programs and operations of EXIM Bank. The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts this work with the highest degree of independence, in accordance with the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended.
The Auditor in the OIG's Office of Audit reports to the Senior Auditor. The incumbent is responsible for independently performing both internal and external surveys, audits and evaluations of programs and activities of EXIM Bank in order to assess economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; program results; compliance; and financial reliability. This includes assembling information, developing and supporting significant findings, and preparing fully documented clear, concise and cogent audit and evaluation reports which effectively meet established goals for compliance and usefulness of findings and recommendations.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops audit programs, performs internal and external audits, summarizes results and prepares reports. Conducts or participates in the conduct of program, financial, information technology and contract audits, as well as evaluations. The purpose of these audits and evaluations is to improve the quality, reduce the costs and increase the integrity of EXIM Bank's programs and operations.
- Provides technical review of work in progress, and provides advice and direction where necessary. Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work and reviews completed work to ensure that instructions and work priorities are accomplished and work is in compliance with applicable government and professional audit standards, as needed.
- Prepares audit and evaluation reports and reviews reports submitted by contractors, giving particular attention to the appraisal of operations, summary of findings and recommendations.
- Ensures that recommendations are constructive and conform to sound accounting, auditing and management practices, and are clear, explicit and properly substantiated.
- Discusses findings with responsible organizational elements, technical representatives and others to develop constructive reports. Meets with top management officials to present findings, explain the significance of conclusions and justify recommendations.
- As designated, attends conferences and meetings attended by OIG, EXIM Bank and other Federal officials to discuss and resolve programmatic audit and evaluation matters and activities of general interest.
- Participates in OIG investigations, as needed. Works with OIG investigators to develop information and material relating to fraud and program irregularities for use by US Attorneys. Provides audit related testimony at hearings and court proceedings involving local and federal criminal and civil prosecutions.
- Provides accurate and timely input to the OIG's management information system.
- Follows-up on recommendations made to EXIM Bank management and on any exceptions taken by the auditor to comments made in OIG reports. Makes recommendations to the AIGA concerning audit problems where the solution may serve as a precedent with EXIM Bank implications. Submits regular, recurring and special reports, as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562989400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.