The Government Information Specialist primary responsibilities is safeguarding Government information while supporting accountability and transparency initiatives. This position is solely responsible for all aspects of the Privacy/FOIA Program to include Strategic and Risk analysis, planning, program outreach, coordinating training, developing metrics and ensuring that federally mandated information governance and accountability measures are in place.Learn more about this agency
- Oversight for the data governance program and initiatives in the Prescott VHA Medical Center and its supporting catchment area.
- Makes unique facility-level determinations about disclosures, issuance of denials, redactions, access, use and dissemination of federal agency records.
- Formulates policy, ensures compliance with federal and state laws and conducts thorough research of federal implementing regulations.
- Provides guidance while communicating complex information to the Executive leadership, facility staff and outside stakeholders.
- Safeguarding of Government information while supporting accountability and transparency initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Privacy/FOIA Program to include strategic and risk analysis, planning, program outreach, coordinating training, developing and metrics.
- Implementing unique policies and procedures to manage agency information, providing assistance and services to the general public and VA staff members.
- This work requires researching, interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies and guidance for access and disclosure of VA agency records and information.
- Supports developing a local level strategy for data governance.
- Interacting with high ranking external stakeholders with regards to the protections, release and transparency of information within the facility.
- Teaches and trains employees on general data protection procedures and detailed service specific practices for daily operations.
- Provides subject matter expertise directly and independently with senior leadership, local and facility Law Enforcement, Office of Chief Counsel in the District, VHA Central Office and VISN leadership regarding data governance.
Promotion Potential: This position is at the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telework: Not eligible
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Government Information Specialist/128130
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Maybe Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562957300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.