About the Position: This position is with the Corps of Engineers at the Cochiti Lake Project officeLearn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Posting using the Certain Competitive Service DHA.
- The duties of this position are developmental in nature (if hired at the 05 or 07 levels) leading to the next higher level position of a Natural Resources Specialist. Some full perfomrance level examples of duties are below.
- The Park Ranger is responsible for the development and execution of the Recreation Management program including coordination of the work of other Rangers at a lake project. Executes visitor assistance and services programs.
- Enforces federal regulations through education and the issuance of written warnings and violation notices.
- Plans project surveillance through patrols of project lands and waters.
- Prepares, updates and oversees implementation of the Cultural/Historical Resource Plan, project fish and wildlife management plan, etc.
- Plans, administers, and monitors all wildlife programs and studies.
- Inspect, audit, monitor, and report resources and programs to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local environmental regulations, etc.
- Areas of concern include natural resources management, wetlands, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562943900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.