TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Information Systems Division, Cybersecurity Service Section (TCV), Arlington, VA.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) reporting to an Assistant Administrator, who is accountable to the Principal Deputy Administrator.
- Responsible for the security oversight for information technology (IT) systems and has the decision authority for ensuring that all DEA IT systems are compliant with cybersecurity mandates and requirements.
- Responsible for administering, the security regulations prescribed by Executive Orders and other external regulatory orders and regulations, including Department of Justice (DOJ) Orders and National Security Agency (NSA) regulations.
- Conducts assessment of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and non-operational situations.
- Directs comprehensive reviews and evaluations of system design or modification proposals for identifying possible security risks.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562933400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.