About the Position: This position is with The Chemical Biological Center (CBC).Learn more about this agency
The Chemical Biological Center (CBC) is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project (DEMO). The pay band DB-04 is equal to the former GS-14 step 01 through GS-15 step 10.
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION AND MAY BE FILLED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE OCCUPATIONS.
- Serve as an expert consultant and technical authority in all aspects of the technology and exploratory of new Target Defeat Systems.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate technology and concept development programs for new Target Defeat Systems and evaluate new concepts for novel devices and techniques for war fighter use.
- Conduct extensive investigations into new technology for development of items meeting diverging and conflicting constraints for use in military situations.
- Provide technical direction, review and evaluation of contractual work in the development and production of new items, materials and procedures.
- Supervise a group of professional/technical personnel and is responsible for overall planning, administration and direction of personnel; establishes priorities, objectives, and advises on technical and administrative matters.
- Competencies include extensive knowledge in environmental and safety management.
- Knowledge of chemical and mechanical engineering, chemistry, physics, computer science, or mathematics in the design and fabrication of incendiary devices, non-lethal and riot control dissemination devices.
- Extensive experience in pyrotechnics as applied to military applications in the area of target defeat systems.
- Skills include analytical and evaluative methods to develop realistic short and long range goals, objectives and available resources.
- Ability to manage a subordinate staff involved in research and development.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562905600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.