The Urology Nurse Practitioner is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who meets the educational, experiential, and competency requirements defined in the Nurse Qualification Standards with demonstrated knowledge and skills related to clinical and nursing practice.The APRN will work in a collegial relationship with the Joint Base Elmendorf/Fort Richardson (JBER) Urologist(s), providing high quality urologic care to patients.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Advocates for urology patients, as well as facilitates access to and movement through the health care system.
- Provides comprehensive health history, health maintenance examinations (for example, routine urology care), and pre- and post-operative urological surgery evaluations.
- Performs and interprets urologic tests, such as urodynamics, ultrasonography, radiological studies, and laboratory tests.
- Writes and refills prescriptions.
- Serves as surgical first assistant during urologic surgery.
- Provides health and wellness counseling to patients across the lifespan, including prevention of urologic diseases (such as urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, urologic cancers and kidney stones).
- Diagnoses, evaluates and treats critical conditions (such as urinary bleeding, urinary retention, urologic injuries, and acute urinary tract pain).
- Diagnoses, evaluates, and treats ongoing conditions (such as prostate disorders, urinary incontinence, pelvic floor disorders, sexual dysfunction and fertility issues).
- Serves as a change agent to promote and provide excellent evidence-based care.
- Educates multidisciplinary staff and serving as role model, preceptor, and mentor to other staff.
- Develops and/or participating in research to improve patient care and each patient's quality of life.
- Provides case consultations to other disciplines.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562889000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.