Selectee will serve as a Research Leader (Supervisory Veterinary Medical Officer or Supervisory Microbiologist) for the Foreign Arthropod-Borne Animal Diseases Research Unit (FABADRU) at the USDA-ARS-PA, National Bio and Agro Defense Facility (NBAF), Manhattan, KS.Learn more about this agency
- Perform leading research in solving current and emerging problems on foreign arthropod-transmitted pathogens of livestock, and to provide new knowledge, methods and technologies to reduce the economic impact of arthropod-borne animal diseases.
- Develop collaborations and communicate technical information pertaining to research on foreign, high-consequence arthropod-transmitted pathogens of livestock animals and their arthropod vectors.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize technical information to develop new knowledge on the pathogen-vector-host interrelationships of arboviruses such as Japanese Encephalitis Virus (JEV) and Rift Valley Fever Virus (RVF).
- Prepare written work products based on important arthropod pests and vectors, competence of animal disease vectors, and the epidemiology, pathogenesis and control of animal arboviruses research.
- Manage a research program, including personnel, equipment and fiscal resources following agency?s mission and scientific procedures, requirements and protocols.
- Supervise employees, to include setting performance standards, monitoring performance and guiding subordinates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562869400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.