***This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.***
This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Risk Assessment Division, Washington, DC. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-chemical-safety-and-pollution-prevention-ocspp
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
This Senior Executive Service position is located in the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Risk Assessment Division (RAD). OPPT conducts risk evaluation of industrial chemicals and both requires and promotes risk reduction and responsible risk management practices through the life cycle of chemicals; promotes pollution prevention activities and the design, development, and application of safer chemical processes and technologies in the industrial sector; and promotes public understanding of the risks of chemicals and public involvement in environmental decision-making through development and dissemination of information on toxic chemicals.
RAD, under the supervision of the Director, performs technical and science policy analyses to support OPPT regulatory and non-regulatory programs. For example, OPPT is responsible for the implementation of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), amended in 2016, under which RAD conducts deadline driven risk evaluations of existing chemicals under Section 6 and new chemical assessments under Section 5.
As RAD's Director, incumbent provides leadership and direction for all Division activities involving:
- Developing division strategies, defining major program objectives, estimating required resource levels, reviewing and evaluating ongoing program activities, and assessing outputs produced.
- Leading the Division in assessing health and environmental hazards, exposures and risks of new and existing chemicals and microorganisms and preparing integrated hazard and risk assessment documents as needed to support the full range of OPPT’s regulatory and non-regulatory programs.
- Reviewing and evaluating health and environmental effects test data, fate and exposure data, and/or monitoring data submitted under TSCA or other authorities administered by OPPT and/or obtained from the scientific literature.
- Serving as the Division liaison with the other major offices of the Agency on all subject areas within the purview of the Division.
- Exercising supervisory personnel management responsibilities over Division members.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562866200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.