This position is located in the Northern Region, East-Side Lands and Boundary Management Zone (ESLBZ).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs land surveys and related work in a zoned organization which services the Beaverhead-Deerlodge, Custer Gallatin, Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forests, and the Dakota Prairie National Grasslands.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Mark Aughtman, Supervisory Land Surveyor, at (701)-227-7835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The duties listed are at the full performance grade level (GS-09).
- Plans and conducts cadastral surveying projects of a complex nature, usually involving conflicting title data or fragmentary corner evidence requiring research and evaluation and the proper application of pertinent State and Federal laws.
- Assembles all survey project data and performs the necessary mathematical computations involved in traverse closure, azimuth determination, state plane coordinate transformation, section subdivision, route alignment, and location.
- Prepares preliminary and final survey plats, drawings, reports, legal records, and title descriptions for review and approval by a registered land surveyor.
- Serves as a contract inspector ensuring compliance with contract specifications on survey projects contracted with private surveying firms.
- Provides technical guidance and training to Forest survey personnel performing cadastral, geodetic, rights-of-way, and engineering surveys.
- Performs maintenance, calibration, and adjustment of precision surveying instruments and related equipment.
50% or less - This zoned position requires a considerable amount of travel throughout Montana, North Dakota, and northwest South Dakota, with overnight stays.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562831400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.