The Birmingham VA Medical Center is recruiting for one (1) Supervisory Supply Technician to work in Logistics Service. This position serves as the Supervisory Supply Technician (Medical) for the Medical Supply Distribution (MSD) areas of Logistics Service within the VA Health Care System.Learn more about this agency
This position requires a valid state drivers license. Please ensure that you submit a copy of your license to your application.
As a Supervisory Supply Technician, you will ensure that supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics by directing, supervising and managing the primary inventory point that receives, stores and issues supplies and materials for both clinical and administrative service areas of the medical center.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates; sets and adjusts short term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work based on priorities;
- Advises, counsels and instructs employees on work and administrative manners, such as complaints, grievances, etc.;
- Finds and implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to production;
- Provides guidance and evaluates work involving new, complex or unusual situations and those without clear precedence;
- Oversees management and distribution of all supplies and material in the medical center through subordinates who maintain stock, monitor expiration dates and rotating stock, ensure critical supplies are monitored, perform daily inventory, resolve differences in records, distribute items, deliver supplies in a timely manner, and complete specialty cart preparation;Oversees the receipt of supplies and material into the medical center;
- Ensures supplies are unpacked and properly stored in inventory areas;
- Analyzes and resolves difficult issues and problems in order to plan effectively and render equitable and reliable decisions;
- Conducts market research on all new products and ensures they are recorded in the automated inventory system;
- Ensures availability of recurring supply items which are managed and distributed through the computerized inventory management system;Analyzes management reports in order to manage and control the fund control point limitations and identify trends, correct errors, and resolve problems;
- Works with members of the vendor and/or contract community, managers, supervisors and other staff throughout the medical center on Logistics issues;
- Communicates with subordinate staff and other administrative and clinical staff to coordinate and persuade logistics activities on the implementation of policy or procedural changes.
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm, Full-Time; Monday-Friday (this includes weekends and holidays)
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Supply Technician/PD9335-0
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562808100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.