The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Kinesiotherapist. The Kinesiotherapist will function in our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembles pre-evaluation data, interprets medical record information, review therapy prescription, and conducts physical evaluation of patients in order to develop and implement a treatment plan;
- Devises specific activities and routines to improve general state of health, functional abilities, physical fitness or conditioning, where it is absent or to restore it when it has been lost due to disease or disability;
- Determines the appropriate evaluation tools and interventions necessary to establish, in collaboration with the patient, a goal specific treatment plan;
- Establishes therapeutic objectives;
- Identifies the need for modifications to the treatment intervention based on patient response to;
- Establishes meaningful therapeutic goals and designs treatment plans to meet the established goals;
- Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team;
- Completes appropriately timed re-evaluations for patients and modify goals based on the information gained by re-evaluation;
- Reports to physician's patient reactions to treatment, which have medical significance and diagnostic value;
- Develops therapeutic programs for various types of disabilities, which include orthopedic conditions, amputation, muscle weakness, chronic cardiovascular and pulmonary disease, psychiatric diagnoses, dementia, and patients with multiple diagnoses;
- Assesses the need for home equipment via clinical simulation and/or home evaluation to ensure the optimal functioning in the home environment;
- Educates patient and/or family for the use and features equipment needs and ensuring proper body mechanics.
- Responsible for screening veterans for group therapy participation.
- Designs and provides group therapy interventions to veterans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30a to 5:00p, with coverage on Weekends and Holidays
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562774000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.