This position is located on the Sequoia National Forest in Porterville, CA.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Forest Wildlife and Forest Fishery Program Manager responsible for planning, coordinating, programming and directing all activities.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Daniel Smith at 559 784 1500 ext 1160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level GS-12.
- Provides advice to the Forest Supervisor, District Rangers, and their staffs on controversial issues and difficult problems involving terrestrial wildlife and fisheries (including threatened, endangered, and sensitive species).
- Translates National and Regional policies and direction into Forest level programs and guidance.
- Recognizes sensitive and controversial issues and management concerns and develops possible solutions or responses by incorporating legal and policy direction, standards and guidelines, and current, applicable research, information, and data.
- Provides program leadership for all terrestrial wildlife and fisheries (including threatened, endangered, and sensitive species) resources and management activities on the Forest.
- Provides leadership for program planning and budgeting for assigned resources.
- Develops technical and non-technical guidelines, directives, and methods, and offers leadership for integrating habitat needs into all land and resource programs.
- Reviews functional programs to ensure that they are consistent with policies, strategies, and program emphasis in approved land management plans.
- Directs the collection and interpretation of terrestrial wildlife and fishery habitat data.
- Serves as a member of Forest Interdisciplinary Planning Teams (IDT).
- Provides overall contact and coordination with the Regional Office on the terrestrial wildlife and fishery programs and monitoring efforts on the Forest.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562762900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.