You will serve as the lead Systems Engineer for future Undersea Warfare capabilities in the COMBAT SYSTEMS ACQUISITION DIVISION of the USW COMBAT SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT for NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15
- You will serve as the technical adviser and team leader for the transition of Undersea Warfare capabilities into the USW combat system, and provides the technical expertise and leadership that aligns with fleet needs for new capabilities.
- You will develop new and innovative solutions for standardizing the introduction of future capabilities into the USW Combat System.
- You will ensure the technical direction of the team is aligned with fleet needs, tasking and customer priorities.
- You will establish transition objectives and requirements and determine the transition approach.
- You will lead the resolution of any significant technical issues and provide technical direction to other leads through the requirements, prototype development, test, integration, installation, and at-sea demonstration phases using best practices.
- You will develop and maintain System Engineering products in support of project tasking, including project schedules, status reports, risk assessments, and project status briefings.
- You will lead others in ensuring standard System Engineering and sponsor-defined processes are developed, followed, and maintained.
- You will conduct technical and systems engineering assessments for future Undersea Warfare capabilities.
- You will ensure proper development of technical documents and technical data packages.
- You will work in concert with the Chief Engineer to a to develop engineering processes and solutions for transition of future capabilities into the USW Combat System.
- You will collaborate with technical project managers to prepare proposals and budgets for future capabilities.
- You will support identification, assessment, prioritization, and de-confliction of program technical issues/risks and emergent requirements.
- You will prepare and present high-level briefings and reports to Center management, high-level Navy personnel, and representatives from industry on technical subjects related to future capabilities.
- You will provide technical recommendations for new projects by evaluating the availability of skilled personnel, effects on current program milestones and schedules and feasibility in achieving project and sponsor goals.
- You will work with the Technical Project Manager and Chief Engineer to keep stakeholders apprised of potential technical problems or issues that might compromise the Program of Record (PoR) USW combat system.
- You will review technical status reports and present briefs to stakeholders at various levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562761100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.