At NCUA, differences make a difference. We value diversity of perspectives and backgrounds and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where employees can contribute to their fullest potential.Learn more about this agency
Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. To learn more about NCUA's history, structure, and diversity please click on the following links:
This position is located in the National Credit Union Administration, Office of the General Counsel. NCUA is seeking an executive to serve as the National Credit Union Administration General Counsel.
NCUA's Office of General Counsel has responsibility for all legal matters affecting NCUA including:
- Representing the agency in litigation and in personnel cases.
- Handling administrative and enforcement actions against credit unions and their officials.
- Drafting regulations and providing interpretations of the Federal Credit Union Act and NCUA regulations.
- Processing Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Advising the NCUA Board and the agency on general legal matters.
As the General Counsel, you will:
- Oversee recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff throughout OGC.
- Serve as the chief legal advisor to the NCUA Board and Executive Director.
- Exercise strong influence on the formation and development of enforcement actions, regulations, legal opinions, and other legal matters.
- Direct the preparation of pleadings, briefs, drafts, memoranda, and legal documentation and correspondence for significant cases involving complex and difficult legal or factual issues and/or involving large sums of money.
- Oversee the review and preparation of proposed and final regulations for NCUA comment.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required to attend conferences, training, meetings, etc.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562748300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.