Please Note: This is a temporary Cook position that is not to exceed 1 year.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Nutrition and Food Service at the Ralph H. Johnson VAMC.
Work Schedule: Varying shifts between 5:00 am and 5:30 pm; includes weekends and holidays
Position Description Title/PD#: Cook (Temporary)/07564A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Prepare a variety of meat, fish, poultry, eggs and other entrees for regular and modified diets using standardized recipes and proper procedure. Prepare vegetables, pastas, etc. according to standardized recipes with special emphasis on consistency, seasoning, etc., for modified diets.
- Evaluate a variety of raw and cooked food items to decide if they are fresh and whether cooked foods are done by their appearance, consistency, texture, and temperature.
- Preparation of food for such modified diets as diabetic, sodium restricted, low cholesterol, mechanically altered, pureed and others.
- Preparation of menu items using special or difficult recipes that require numerous interrelated steps, many ingredients and/or involve lengthy preparation.
- Panning of food for cooking or after the cooking process. Food will be layered at a depth of no more than three inches to preserve food quality and meet established temperature guidelines.
- Planning, regulating and scheduling cooking procedures so that numerous completed food products are ready at the appropriate temperature and time.
- Able to take patient meal selections by the bedside according to their diet.
- Able to enter the orders into the dietary software package accurately
- Runs diet activity list and ward diet list from Vista and patient meal tickets, nourishment labels and tally guides from the dietary software package.
- Makes the final check of diet trays assembled by lower grade workers for completeness, correct food temperature and to verify that food items on the tray are appropriate for the prescribed diet.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562733900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.