The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as an Information Technology Program Manager (Enterprise Architecture/Cloud Services).Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Information Technology Program Manager (Enterprise Architecture/Cloud Services), GS-2210-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- - Develops short and long-range cloud services management strategic plans in alignment with office and agency strategic.
- - Participates in fiscal and multi-year budget and resource planning activities for the branch.
- - Participates in agency IT initiative planning, development, and implementation.
- - Applies IT knowledge across the acquisition, development, and implementation of IT solutions, managing the agency's enterprise-wide cloud services portfolio, including development of strategies for the management and authorization of changes to meet the agency's business and IT needs.
- - Identifies and recommends industry and governmental technical standards for cloud services.
- - Develops and documents policies and procedures for the cloud services lifecycle.
- - Serves as a senior information technology specialist coordinating a team of IT specialists responsible for a variety of technical review and oversight functions in managing the agency's various cloud services projects.
- - Provides technical and administrative supervision and direction of a subordinate staff of full performance level and senior IT specialists.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
U.S. Citizenship is required.
All qualification requirements must be met by 03/30/2020. Your application package will not receive consideration if it is missing any of the required documents under the "Required Documents" tab.
Probationary Period. One-year probationary period may be required.
Supervisory Probationary Period. One-year supervisory probationary period may be required.
Selective Service. If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Background Suitability Investigation. Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation and the granting of a federal suitability or security clearance. If selected, you may be offered tentative employment until the background investigation has been fully adjudicated.
QualificationsTo qualify for this position applicants must meet the Basic Experience requirement and the Specialized Experience as described below.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
GS-5 through GS-15 (or equivalent): For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to having experience demonstrating the four competencies, applicants must also have at least one year of full-time specialized work experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level (equivalent to the GS-13) in the federal government. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) assisting in the management of an organization's cloud computing services; (2) acting as a project / program manager while implementing a cloud service project (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS, MBaaS, serverless computing); (3) writing policies, standard operating procedures and reports as it pertains to cloud technology; and (4) supervising internal IT specialists or overseeing external contractors responsible for delivering cloud services.
*Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Education may not be substituted for experience for this series and grade combination.
The FRTIB offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off*, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the 3-tier federal retirement system. The FRTIB also has wonderful benefits and work/life-balance flexibilities that may be right for you. We offer, if applicable:
- -Flexible work schedule options. The FRTIB offers two flexible work schedules, the Gliding Schedule and the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule. Employees on the Gliding Schedule must arrive between 6:30 am and 9:30 am and work 8 hours plus a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. Employees on the Flexible 5-4/9 Schedule work eight 9-hour days and one 8-hour day (plus the 30-minute unpaid lunch period) in each biweekly pay period and receive one scheduled day off; and must arrive between 6:30 am and 9:30 am.
- -Telework up to 2 days per week for eligible positions.
- -Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP provides employees with free confidential assistance for help with personal issues that may be affecting work life. The program also provides consultation to supervisors who are trying to best help an employee with performance and/or attendance problems.
- -Work Life 4 You. The FRTIB provides all employees and their family members with access to the Federal Occupational Health managed referral and information service to assist in dealing with life, family, health, education, work, and finance. This service is provided at no cost to the employee.
- -*Annual and sick leave (paid time off). Employees of the FRTIB accrue both annual and sick leave depending on years of service with the federal government. Annual leave may be used for vacation or other personal reasons. Sick leave may be used when you are ill, when you have a doctor, dental, or optical appointment, or when you need to provide care to an ill family member.
- -Fitness center. The FRTIB employees, at no cost, have access to the fitness center conveniently located on the main level of the building featuring state of the art weight training and cardiovascular equipment.
- -Extensive training programs and tools supportive of enhancing organization effectiveness and employee development.
- -A monthly transit subsidy for a portion of your commuting costs to help defray the commuting costs of employees who use mass transportation, including commuter bus, Metrorail or Metrobus, or commuter rail systems.
- -Child care program. The FRTIB's childcare subsidy program offers up to $600 in monthly subsidy paid to qualified child care providers of employees meeting the eligibility requirements.
- -Student loan repayment or recruitment bonus, when applicable.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position; however, other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To preview the occupational questionnaire, click on the following link https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10748721.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the above qualifications.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Strategic Planning. Knowledge of agency priorities and technological advancements in order to direct and influence enterprise-wide operations.
- Technical Competence. Knowledge of IT best practices in the employment and operation of cloud technology.
- Communication. Ability to communicate technical information to audiences that range in skill level and exposure from lay person to technically proficient.
- Supervision. Ability to supervise a professional IT staff.
Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most requirements of the position. Generally, candidates scoring 90 and above will meet the best qualified requirement.
Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and meets most requirements of the position. Generally, candidates scoring between 80 and 89 will meet the well qualified requirement.
Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree. Generally, candidates scoring between70 and 79 will meet the qualified requirement.
If you are found Best Qualified for this vacancy your application may be referred to the selecting official for further review.
The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
When a sufficient pool of candidates has been determined only members of that group will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
Veterans' Preference. If you are claiming veterans' preference you must submit supporting documentation as described in the "Required Documents" section. Visit the Feds Hire Vets website for more information regarding veterans' preference.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and you are found Well Qualified for this vacancy. Well Qualified means you must meet all the minimum qualification standards listed above and be assessed and assigned the rating of at least Well Qualified to receive special selection priority. Well Qualified is further defined as possessing the Basic Qualifications and meeting the specialized experience noted above.
You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition website.
Please be advised, the following documents are required even if you are already a current federal employee or employee of the FRTIB:
1. Resume (please include on your resume the experience you wish to be considered for the review of your qualifications, the dates of employment with month and year, and hours worked per week). Resumes that do not contain all of the necessary information to determine qualifications may be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position. Your latest resume submission is the one that will be used to determine your qualifications.
2. Responses to the occupational questionnaire.
3. You must submit supporting documents verifying your selection priority eligibility or any preference eligibility along with your application package. Omitting these documents may result in no preference being adjudicated for you. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- -Veteran's documentation. All veterans must submit a DD-214, Member Copy 4. If you are currently on active duty, you must submit an official statement of service from your command or other official documentation that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
- -Preference eligible documentation. If claiming 10-point preference you must submit the final VA letter including percentage (please do not include letter from VA noting specific private medical information), as well as the DD-214 Member Copy 4. The SF-15 will be requested if selected.
- -ICTAP documentation. RIF separation notice along with your last performance rating or appraisal.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You must apply through the USAJOBS online job application system. Complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the "Required Documents" section. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/30/2020 to receive consideration.
*To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
*Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
*It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation are submitted prior to 03/30/2020.
*To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
*To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Note to applicants: To assist us with an expeditious application review process, please do not submit additional documentation from what is being requested in the announcement. The following documents are not required and do not need to be submitted with your application:
- -Diplomas of any type (when education documents are required, you must submit unofficial transcripts, not diplomas)
- -Letters of recommendation, reference, or congratulations, etc.
- -Any documents with a picture of the applicant
- -Awards documentation, including SF-50's for awards
- -Performance appraisals (only ICTAP eligible applicants need to submit their latest performance appraisal)
- -Evaluations of any type
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. Paper applications and information sent by mail will not be accepted. If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding submission of an alternate application.
Agency contact information
AddressOffice of Technology Services
77 K Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Once your application package is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. If your final rating places you among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review. If your name is referred to the selecting official, you may be contacted directly by the office for a possible interview. You may also check the status of your application through your USAJOBS profile.
When the entire vacancy announcement process has been completed you will receive notice via email (or by mail if no email address was provided during the application process). Please allow at least 4-6 weeks after the vacancy has closed to inquire about the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562716900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.