This position is located at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles, California, in the Office of Communications and External Affairs. The primary purpose of the position is to provide public affairs communication functions for the organization.Learn more about this agency
Major duties includes but are not limited to:
- Provides Public Affairs support for the organization while displaying tact, common sense, diplomacy, initiative, and solid professional judgment;
- Establishes, creates, and maintains proactive contract with media outlets, Congressional and local government offices, Veteran Service Organizations, and health care affiliates;
- Actively pitches and places stories with media outlets;
- Advises senior level management on development of media campaigns and communications plans and strategies;
- Plans, develops, and produces a variety of materials and publications including print, visual, web-based, multimedia, and video materials to successfully convey information about the VA to stakeholders;
- Serves as a member of GLA's internet website, content and design management Web Team;
- Responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of social media engagement strategies, policies and plans integrated within existing communication campaigns supporting VA's mission to better serve Veterans;
- Serves as a facility spokesperson advisor for the facility including responding in writing and orally to questions about criticism of the agencies activities or policies;
- Creates, plans, and executes special events, coordinates high profile visits, and supports outreach efforts for Veterans not enrolled in the VA healthcare system;
- Tracks, measures, and analyzes social media performance goals
- Monitors activity and makes recommendations based on strategy and trends;
- Serves as the content manager and design manager of GLA's internet website and SharePoint site;
- Supports GLA's internal information program with responsibility for informing all employees about departmental, facility and community activities and news;
- Supports and organizes employee dialogue sessions throughout the healthcare system;
- Assist personnel assigned to the newsletters as reporters, writers, editors, photographers, and illustrators.
Telework: Not authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Public Affairs Specialist/PD11288O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
PCS Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562526600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.