The ideal candidate for this position will have experience creating GIS products, creating and maintaining web based viewers and dashboards, and scripting skills enabling automatically updated products. This position starts at a salary of $93,587 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region Nine team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform key program implementation of FEMA Geographic Information Systems (GIS) initiatives and operations.
Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a key resource on highly critical and complex geospatial program initiatives, performing geospatial activities in operational areas such as collection, production, analysis and dissemination.
- Supporting regional steady state GIS mission, including mitigation and preparedness efforts, and quickly transition to life-saving and life-sustaining efforts within the response and recovery mission areas.
- Creating, developing, and managing real-time situational awareness web maps, applications, and dashboards that support disaster operations, planning, and decision making.
- Developing modeling and predictive analytics techniques to support disaster operations and planning.
- Generating custom cartographic products, maps, and graphics based on requirements.
- Developing innovative approaches utilizing geospatial data for real-time disaster intelligence.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562504500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.