The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS & INTERNATIONAL DIVISION? The Large Business & International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
WHAT DOES A TRANSFER PRICING PRACTICE TAX LAW SPECIALIST DO? The Tax Law Specialist (TLS) for the Transfer Pricing Practice (TPP) in the Large Business and International division, is an expert in the analysis and resolution of compliance issues relating to §482 of the Internal Revenue Code and related regulations. The TLS serves as a technical expert in the examination of transfer pricing issues. Responsibilities include auditing related party transactions, preparing proposed adjustments and presenting such positions to taxpayers.
As a Transfer Pricing Practice Tax Law Specialist you will:
- Participate in the examination of transfer pricing issues to include planning, coordinating and executing transfer pricing examinations. May also serve as a consultant for other IRS personnel working transfer-pricing issues and transactions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other IRS functions to leverage and expand issue expertise to ensure consistency in the administration of tax laws. Participate in workgroups focused on international issues including IRS Practice Networks (PNs).
- Participate in projects involving the development of international transfer pricing auditing techniques, work practices, and training programs.
- Perform research and analysis of tax issues involving transfer pricing, and related valuation and economic assessments for specific taxpayers, taxpayer groups, or industries
- Provide feedback, technical expertise, and recommendations to IRS management and IRS Counsel on transfer-pricing issues. Identify and discuss issues that require technical advice, field service advice, or industry-wide coordination related to transfer pricing rules and regulations.
- Interact regularly with personnel in the Advance Pricing and Mutual Agreement program
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562496700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.