Medical Service Mission is to lead satisfied staff dedicated to providing high quality patient centered care here at STVHCS, a great tertiary training and research Veteran's Hospital. The Hospitalist positionLearn more about this agency
supports this mission through direct patient care, administrative dependability, and support of their Section's educational and research activities.
In addition to observance of Federal national and local regulatory, policy, and accreditation requirements governing this Health Care System, this position encompasses the following examples of responsibilities overseen by their Section Chief. Staff physicians require appropriate time mapping and resources to ensure they are empowered to meet expected proficiencies in administration, clinical practice, education, and research. Duty hours are subject to change based on the needs of patient care. Part-time positions have full-time potential.
The staff Hospitalist is expected to remain privileged and practicing in their specialty field. The exact privileges and procedures for a particular provider will be approved by the Professional Standards Board. All physicians must meet the following standards:
- Patient Care: Practitioners are expected to provide adult patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, treatment of disease, and care at the end of life.
- Medical/Clinical Knowledge: Practitioners are expected to demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences, and to apply their knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- Clinical Judgment: To ensure practice-based learning and improvement, practitioners are expected to use scientific evidence and methods to investigate, evaluate, and improve patient care.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills: Practitioners are expected to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that enable them to establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
- Professionalism: Practitioners are expected to demonstrate behaviors that reflect a commitment to continuous professional development and ethical practice. In addition, they should show an understanding and sensitivity to diversity.
- Systems-Based Practice: Practitioners are expected to demonstrate an understanding of the contexts and systems in which health care is provided and be able to apply this knowledge to optimize health care.
- Education: Practitioners are expected to be effective at teaching, be able to monitor and coordinate educational activities, and comply with necessary trainee supervision requirements.
- Research Duties (if applicable): Physician researchers will show an ability to identify and define significant Research and Development problems, to plan and execute a precise research program, and to generate effective reports and results worthy of publication. Researchers are responsible for oversight of any research staff that they supervise.
- Leadership responsibilities: Participate in staff meetings, hospital committees, and peer review process. Demonstrate effective communication to staff and leadership, to include heads up (for acute patient bad outcomes) and issue briefs, acting as Section Chief when the Section Chief is on leave.
- HR: Maintain VA training requirements, complete documentation in a timely manner and maintain credentials required for privileging and re-privileging.
- Staff Management: Participate in the FPPE/OPPE process. Adhere to employee health requirements. Participate in peer review process.
- Time/Leave Management: Adhere to Tour of Duty and request leave in advance through VISTA.
- Clinical Management including indirect patient care: Encounter & consult management, document properly in CPRS, ensure staff productivity, oversee relevant performance measures, and participate in quality improvement and process improvement projects.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Maybe Authorized for Highly Qualified Applicants.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562487600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.