This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
- Provides expert technical guidance, interpretation, and implementation oversight of applicable information security policies, processes, and practices to ensure operational availability and integrity of applications, systems, networks, and data.
- Applies expert knowledge and skills to include customer support concepts and methods; problem isolation and troubleshooting procedures; system and file recovery processes; operating system and network configurations- to resolve customer problems.
- As principal technical authority, prepares and presents cogent and cohesive analyses and briefings advising management on new technological developments, techniques, and enhancements that result in increased time and cost efficiencies.
- Coordinates, executes, implements, and maintains the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and operation of customer application systems.
- Provides advice and assistance to customers and troubleshoots the most complex problems in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Develops and manages customer performance requirements and customer support policies and procedures.
- Leads rapid response teams in response to customer service problems resulting from catastrophic events such as virus infections or wide spread power outages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562350200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.