Career-Seasonal appointments are permanent positions and include the same benefits as Career appointments, but do not provide work on a year-round basis. You will work from approximately February through December, and you will be in a non-pay status for the remainder of the year.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares or assists with human resource paperwork and coordinating with SHRO for all personnel actions including seasonal, permanent, temporary, and term hiring and procedures. Inputs requests for personnel actions into FPPS. Counsels or assists employees with government benefit questions. Follows up with supervisors on support documentation for employee relations issues. Maintains secure personnel information. Works with selecting officials on recruitment, position descriptions, EPAPs, and other human resource procedures. Tracks and records 1039 hours for seasonal to upload to SHRO.
- Uses appropriate standards and procedures relative to the collection, safeguarding and accounting of donations and other checks, charge cards, payment of invoices, and internal controls. Make check deposits in OTCnet.
- Performs various administrative processes and functions of the park, which may include procurement, using asset tracking systems, records management, property management, conducting inventories, creating and maintaining administrative forms and spreadsheets, purchasing supplies, equipment, and services utilizing a Government purchase card or other means of payment, create travel authorizations and vouchers using an automated system or software, payroll administrator tracking time and attendance and entering payroll using an automated timekeeping system. Provides guidance to employees relative to pay, travel regulations, policies, and rules.
- Uses a computer and a variety of appropriate software and/or automated systems such as TravelManager, Concur, MS Office Suite, Quicktime, and PMIS, performing data analysis functions, collating and preparing reports, forms, and other materials. Maintains electronic and manual files and administrative material, and ensuring personnel information is secure.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with employees, managers, supervisors, and others. Provides information on administrative topics in person, via email, mail, and telephone. Schedules events and meetings as needed.
- Acts as office receptionist in greeting visitors and business callers, answering or redirecting callers or visitors as needed. Prepares and delivers incoming and outgoing mail and packages. Prepares and delivers office recycling to recycling center. Maintains a neat and professional appearance for front office. Performs routine maintenance on office machines and equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562242800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.