This position is part of the Bureau of Land Management in Fairbanks, Alaska. Information about locations within Alaska can be found at: https://dcra-cdo-dcced.opendata.arcgis.com/Learn more about this agency
- Design and administer the Fairbanks District Office records program and an extensive and complex system of records. Maintain a library of publications.
- Plan and develop goals, priorities, standards, and working guidelines for records. Furnish technical guidance and advice on resolving difficult records management problems.
- Receive FOIA requests and prepares response. Provide technical guidance and assistance for the protection of official records containing information subject to the Privacy Act.
- Interpret lands, recreation, and mineral records and verifies data for input into the Alaska Land Information System (ALIS).
- Review case files to verify the accuracy of historical actions and land description data in the ALIS. Evaluate case records for completeness and accuracy, correct file as needed.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be involved for training and coordination.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562154300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.