You will serve as a PHYSICAL SCIENCE TECHNICIAN (OCEANOGRAPHY) in the OCEANOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT of NAVACADEMY.Learn more about this agency
- You will ensure that all laboratories (basic and advanced), classrooms and lecture demonstrations are properly set-up and in working order.
- You will perform complex laboratory tasks, which require a large number of delicate and exacting steps in order to gather reliable data.
- You will assist with the acquisition, processing, verification, and submission of field collected data used by midshipmen as a part of their academic pursuits.
- You will test, operate, adjust, calibrate and conduct preventive maintenance and perform quality assurance tests on assigned instruments and equipment.
- You will assist faculty and midshipmen with the design, planning and development of research projects and contribute to the manufacturing and repair of research instruments, oceanographic and meteorological equipment, lab equipment, etc.
- You will review faculty and student research proposals to recommend where best to use oceanography technical facilities and personnel in projects.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562144100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.