This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility, and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Serves as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) that implements, maintains, and conducts on-site and remote analyses of information systems standard security products, and associated systems.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements security products, procedures and requirements to ensure compliance with DoD Information Assurance policies and to insure DOD systems meet applicable integrity requirements.
- Conducts in-depth evaluations of the operating system and standard applications using specialized security evaluation tools
- Develops risk analysis for new and current information systems and networks to identify risks inherent in the design and countermeasures installed or required.
- Evaluates the impact to the system(s) of features in terms of resource consumption and performance degradation, system reliability, and system integrity.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal briefings to chain-of-command management on assigned projects and to other organizations as part of the review process (e.g., in-briefs and out-briefs).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562088400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.