You will serve as a Supervisory Construction Analyst (Deputy Dept Manager) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Processing and Disbursement Center - PDC in Fort Worth, Texas. This position provides supervision of teams of the Loss Verification department in performing damage verification to homeowners, associations and businesses seeking funds for the repair, rehabilitation or replacement of disaster damage to personal, real or business property.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Construction Analyst (Deputy Dept Manager) at the GS-0828-13, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Supervise staff in the Loss Verification Department: Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, assign work and set and adjust priorities, develop performance plans and evaluate work, identify developmental/training needs, etc.
- Evaluate construction cost overruns, hidden damage, omissions, changes in code requirements, and elective upgrades.
- Verify the repair or replacement cost of such damage and making disbursement recommendations to complete the needed restorations. Properties include structures of atypical design, high rise structures, industrial complexes, medical facilities, condominium structures, recreational areas, and buildings used for manufacturing, retail and service businesses.
- Evaluate hazard mitigation proposals to determine their effectiveness and conformity with program guidelines.
- Explain disaster assistance program requirements, eligibility and justifying findings when disputes and disagreements arise.
- Coordinates/communicates with staff in other Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA) Centers, officials in other agencies providing disaster assistance, home and business owners, state and local authorities, contractors/builders, etc.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to twelve hours a day).
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is also being announced under Delegated Examining Procedures, announcement # DE-20-040-PDC-10742638, open to the general public.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
- The PDC Ft. Worth, TX location is conveniently located near the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and DART/TRE Station. In addition, employees are eligible to apply for transportation subsidy to utilize the local DART/TRE bus/rail transit system.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561867400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.