This position is located in the Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, Administration Division , Washington, District of Columbia. This position reports to the Director of Administration and will provide administrative and technical advisory services, as it relates to training, to the corporate enterprise.Learn more about this agency
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing agency training needs, based on identified competencies within each major position within EDA. Participates in the development of a corporate training approach to measure EDA's return on investment in program and policy development. Proposes alternative costing scenarios for evaluating the costs and effectiveness of various training approaches, including use of training vendors and technologies, timing and duration of training sessions, and integration of classroom and on-the-job experiences.
- Understands the intricacies of grants management and delivers training on the process and workflow on EDA's grants management life cycle. Stays abreast of emerging grants management best practices and technologies and their applicability to the needs of economic development, to include, economic recovery and disaster recovery and resilience issues and trends to inform accurate and forward-leaning curriculum development.
- Designs and develops grants management operational training materials, to include supporting materials for systems improvement, customer service, analytics and learning, process documentation, etc. Training and training materials will support the outputs and outcomes of enterprise level collaborative projects and interconnect with the enterprise's change management efforts.
- Incorporates instructional strategies to best impart subject matter to participants and uses a variety of instructional methods and technologies to maximize learning.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluation of training and recommends modifications to courses based on rigorous analysis of participant participation and feedback.
- Administratively, incumbent will develop quick reference guides, and a variety of on boarding materials for distribution via classroom and webinar to more effectively and efficiently bring new employees up-to-speed.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561823600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.