The primary purpose of this position is the performance of Federal pipeline safety compliance inspections; evaluate intrastate and interstate pipeline operators subject to Federal authority; investigate pipeline failures; and represent the Office of Pipeline Safety in all matter related to pipeline safety before Federal, state and industry authorities.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer (Inspector), you will:
- Conduct safety program reviews and provide engineering analyses and evaluations of potential pipeline safety regulatory deficiencies.
- Interpret and apply Federal regulations and monitor the design, construction, operation and maintenance of gas and liquid pipeline systems.
- Evaluate projects to determine compliance with existing Federal safety regulations.
- Recognize discrepancies or inconsistencies between information reported or made available to the office of Pipeline safety and the true nature of the activity under review.
- Participate in technical conferences, symposia and meetings as a technical expert and authority on safety issues related to the pipeline industry.
The ideal candidate for this position is a General Engineer who is seeking challenging assignments performing Federal pipeline safety compliance inspections; evaluating intrastate and interstate pipeline operators subject to Federal authority; investigating pipeline failures; and representing the Office of Pipeline Safety in all matters related to pipeline safety before Federal, state and industry authorities.
* PLEASE NOTE: This announcement establishes an open continuous (12 month) vacancy announcement for General Engineer (Inspector) GS-0801-11/12/13 Given our continuing need for top professionals in this field, we will routinely review applications and refer the top candidates for potential interviews multiple times during the open period of the announcement. Reviews and referrals of applications will be completed on an as needed basis. The final review will be on the closing date. Following these dates, we will contact qualified applicants to schedule interviews. We will give equal consideration to all applications we receive. Duty locations will vary. The difference in salary is determined by the locality pay in each location. Salaries for all areas are available on the OPM website at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule/
50% or less - Some travel is required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561823400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.