This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the full performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
- Providing support to DISA by ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information system security programs.
- Managing information security implications in the organization, program or other area of responsibility to include strategic, personnel, infrastructure, requirements, policy enforcement, emergency planning, security awareness and other resources.
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Conducting comprehensive assessments of management, operational and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness.
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in organizations, visions and goals.
- Interpreting regulations to develop and apply new methods to resolve complex and unprecedented issues and problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561776400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.