*THIS POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED THROUGH THE DIRECT-HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS (STEM) AND CYBERSECURITY POSITIONS*Learn more about this agency
*Applications will be accepted through 7 September 2020. Announcement MAY CLOSE EARLIER if all available vacancies have been filled prior to 7 September 2020.*The 1st Cut-Off date for receipt and referral of applicants to be considered for vacant positions will be March , 19 2020. Afterward, referrals will be pulled as vacancies occur.
- Serve as the Lead Mechanical Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the General Engineering Section of the New England District (NAE).
- Provide expert mechanical products, services, and support for mechanical features on a wide range of projects for Military, Civil Works, International and Interagency Support (IIS), and Hazardous and Toxic Radiological Waste (HTRW) programs.
- The design projects cover a large variety of buildings including but not limited to; barracks, child care facilities, hospitals, medical clinics, laboratories, family housing, maintenance facilities, special test facilities, etc.
- Civil works design include such projects as earth, rockfill and concrete dams, reservoirs, channels, levees, harbor protection structures, and water control and conveyance facilities.
- As a recognized senior technical specialist in mechanical design, the incumbent focuses on specific mechanical features, such as heating, ventilation, cooling, plumbing, fuel systems.
- Other specific mechanical features include; specialized mechanical equipment, pumping stations, safety services, and communications systems.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561768600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.