The Deputy Resident Country Director position is administratively housed within the Department of Compact Operations, with direct report to the Resident Country Director and the Deputy Vice President for Africa Programs. The DRCD will be physically based in Cote d'Ivoire .Learn more about this agency
This is a term position not-to-exceed 60 months. MCC has the option of extending this term appointment.
MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b which is generally equal to GS-14.
This position serves as the Deputy Resident Country Director (DRCD) for Cote d'Ivoire and reports to the Resident Country Director (RCD) who reports to the Deputy Vice President for Africa Programs. As an official government employee, the DRCD is part of the U.S. country team at the U.S. Embassy, and must collaborate closely with various elements of the U.S. Embassy. The DRCD will be posted in Cote d'Ivoire.
The DRCD assists the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) compact country entity in implementation. Specifically, the DRCD plays a critical role in the Compact's success by:
- assisting the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback and support to the MCA, MCC's accountable entity on implementation; assisting with and coordinating between MCA, the Government, and the MCC Resident Country Mission (RCM), and MCC Washington on technical implementation issues;
- documenting and providing technical oversight of activities related to the power sector, and coordinating between MCA, Government, RCM, and MCC Washington;
- assisting the RCD to draft, staff and coordinate with MCA and MCC Washington the timely delivery of all reports, plans, approvals and agreements as may be required for program implementation;
- assisting the RCD in day-to-day management of locally engaged staff, and of the MCC office in country;
- assisting the RCD to manage, supervise and report on MCC's in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial and asset management needs;
- assisting the RCD in coordinating in-country visits by MCC staff, technical advisors and US government officials;
- assisting with and participating in public outreach and representational events in-country relating to MCC activities and compact implementation, including representing MCC in interactions with congressional delegations, other donors, representatives of local business community and civil society, and other interested parties in-country; and,
- assisting with responsibilities as may otherwise be requested by the RCD to facilitate implementation of the Compact.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561633300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.