The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of janitorial and custodial work that requires substantial physical effort to operate and adjust heavy duty cleaning equipment, climb ladders, and apply significant knowledge of infection control and hazardous waste procedures and to ensure compliance with safety and health directives.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesDuties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Applying appropriate cleaning solutions to various types of floors (linoleum, wood, or marble), walls, and ceilings to clean and maintain such surfaces.
- Keeping stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do the work.
- Keeping equipment, cords, hoses, etc., clean and properly stored when not in use.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying or moving cleaning equipment around for several hours at a time.
- Standing/walking for several hours or more while cleaning and moving furniture.
- Using proper lifting techniques when lifting objects especially those that may be bulky and/or awkward.
- Following simple written instructions for completing non-routine cleaning tasks.
- Working quickly without accidents while at the same time, being attentive to the quality of work performed.
Work Schedule: Days/Evenings/Weekends (Hours and tour will be discussed during the interview process)
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid/ 402-00394-A
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561348300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.