About the Position: Sacramento is a progressive city with great pride in its ethnic and cultural diversity and emphasis on quality in the provision of governmental services. Sacramentoans enjoy professional ballet, theater, museums, one of the best small zoos in the country, and the NBA's Sacramento Kings.Home to the world's second largest urban forest (behind Paris), Sacramento sits just two hours between both San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Civil Engineer (Geotechnical) with responsibility for performing geotechnical investigations designs and reviews.
- Prepare or review geotechnical evaluations from exploration studies performed by contract personnel, design analyses, quantity and cost estimates, and technical specifications for construction of projects.
- Perform review of plans and specifications, trip reports, design memoranda, memoranda for record and other reports submitted prior to forwarding to section supervisor.
- Assist other divisions by providing geotechnical review and evaluation of construction permits for proposed structures or other construction activities adjacent to flood control projects.
- Participate in site visits to insure that construction adheres to design intent and resolve unexpected or unusual issues, as necessary.
- At the full performance level, coordinate the work efforts of up to 4 lower grade engineers engaged in geotechnical design aspects of soils and other earth materials used in the construction and repair of civil works projects.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561332700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.