This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system. Positions in the Cyber Excepted Service are positions necessary to carry out and support the mission of the United States Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Program Management Work Category at the Expert Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA JEDI.
- Plans, organizes, develops and implements security solutions and performs studies, analyses and evaluations of the information systems, associated information assurance plans, programs, projects, networks, policies, and procedures.
- Performs strategic planning, programming and budgeting analysis and support of the Engineering Technical Director (TD), the Chief of the Engineering Group (ChEG) and the CCPO in general for matters relating to any cloud programs.
- Oversees multiple projects executed by the Engineering team, and provides technical guidance to assure optimal security postures are achieved for services and solutions.
- Identifies topics for analytical research and studies of a pioneering nature to develop new methods, procedures, techniques, and approaches to ensure consideration of security criteria, guidance, and methodology are applied to cloud capabilities.
- Recommends methods for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of cloud security capabilities through application of state-of-the-art engineering practices and technology.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position less than 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561308500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.