The Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) performs contract audits for the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Federal agencies; and provides accounting and financial advisory services regarding contracts/subcontracts to all DoD Components responsible for procurement and contract administration. Its work benefits our men and women in uniform and the American taxpayer.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as alter ego to the Regional Director (RD) in one of three DCAA Regional offices. Shares fully with the RD the authority and responsibility for total management and operations of DCAA and its resources within the assigned geographical region.
- Executive and overall management responsibility over the operation of the Western Region, comprised of 870 Federal civilians assigned to a Regional Office and 20 to 30 Field Audit Offices (FAOs), and an $85M annual operating budget.
- Ensures mission critical contract audit/financial advisory services in support of National Defense/related contracts. Defense contractors in Western states from AR, CA, including WA to WI and our efforts in AK, HI and overseas in South Asia.
- Directs the contract audits/assessments of U.S. Government contractors' systems for adequacy, accuracy, and the acceptability of incurred and proposed contract costs in accordance with GAGAS and in compliance with the FAR.
- Coordinates and reviews annual requirements' studies and operating plans of the FAOs. Meets with high level contractor/procurement officials to resolve significant technical problems.
- Represents the RD in meetings with DoD and other Federal agency officials, foreign, state and local officials, leaders of civic groups and top management officials.
- Teams with the HCRM leadership in providing executive guidance to the region's various personnel, financial management, information management and administrative services programs to assure that they adequately support the region's audit mission.
75% or less - This position will require frequent travel away from the permanent duty station
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561224400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.