About the Position: Serve as a Civil Engineer, performing duties independently and may act as a Technical Lead on complex projects within the District's Civil Works or MILCON Program.Learn more about this agency
- Adapt project requirements to the controlling criteria and exercises an extensive professional knowledge to resolve unique problems related to the more complex aspects of civil site layout and civil design.
- Applies extensive and diversified professional knowledge of civil engineering theory, principals, and practices.
- At the full performance level, provides guidance to lower grade engineers and personally develops more complex aspects of civil engineering plans and specifications.
- Writes technical documents and performs technical reviews.
- Provides engineering support during construction.
- Assignments are accomplished under rigid time schedules and are subject to unforeseen changes.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% (or more as needed) to complete required training and/or visit project sites.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561171600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.