The Office of Development Policy (ODP) analyzes proposed investment projects to ensure their eligibility for DFC assistance with regard to the agency's policies on worker rights and environmental standards, employment and development and market effects; performs risk analyses and portfolio analyses; and monitors existing projects to assure continued adherence to contractual provisions and statutory requirements.Learn more about this agency
As an Environmental Impact Analysis Intern with ODP, you will:
- Identify, collect and provide in-depth analyses of the potential environmental and social impacts of international projects in developing nations and markets under consideration for DFC
- Support in the areas of debt finance, insurance or equity finance using international guidelines and standards. Projects include a wide range of industries, such as renewable energy, manufacturing, construction and financial intermediaries.
- Assess potential environmental and social impacts of projects and ensure appropriate mitigation measures are included in a project's environmental and social action plan;
- Assist in making recommendations to OPIC management regarding project eligibility and conditionality on environmental and social grounds, and specify environmental and social conditions of default to be included in DFC finance, insurance and investment fund agreements; and
- Conduct research on important environmental and social policy issues related to emerging technologies, environmental variability and social outcomes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/561024800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.