THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) (Title 32), Position Description Number D1836000 and is part of the IL 182 AW, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Applications will be pulled at the request of the hiring official and in the order received. The initial application cut off will be 26 March 2020.
As an IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) (Title 32), GS-2210-9/11, you will provide technical and analytical guidance and support for network hardware and software to include various servers and management terminals utilized by tactical communications units, considering the needs of requesting agencies, their tactics and doctrine. You will perform analytical and evaluative duties related to computer networks. The position has paramount knowledge requirements in the transmission, storage, and retrieval of information in voice, data and/or video formats, information processing methodology, computer capabilities, processing techniques, and information security techniques in a tactical, multiple interactive operating system environment.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Configures, manages, monitors, and trouble-shoots various network and application server hardware, operating system software, and peripheral network equipment for both classified and unclassified networks.
- Conducts testing using remote management terminals to insure operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards.
- Develops and maintains procedures for tactical networks, system operations, assembly, and installation to include policies for system backup and archives.
- Configures and manages assigned tactical messaging platforms.
- Coordinates with internal and external functions for Internet Protocol (IP) address resolution.
- Coordinates with requesting agencies for messaging addresses and requirements, to include classified and unclassified support.
- Ensures operation and compatibility of assigned Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) devices.
- Coordinates with internal and external agencies to ensure overall network design, to include boundary protection devices, will support required networked services.
- Ensures users, representatives, Work Group Managers (WGM), or Work Group Administrators (WGA), receive and implement correct network device configuration.
- Analyzes equipment and software reliability and utilization to identify and correct problem areas and to establish network performance levels.
- Uses benchmarks, performance measurement, and evaluation data, in conjunction with modeling and simulation techniques.
- Plans for increased network capacity to support any additional customer requirements.
- Develops recommendations or proposals involving a variety of specialized systems and state-of-the art enhancements designed to meet unique tactical requirements and improve operational efficiency.
- Performs in-depth analysis of automated and manual systems related to proposals for change, in order to develop or modify information systems to meet tactical network user requirements.
- Accomplishes risk analysis, accreditation, and certification packages to include disaster recovery plans in accordance with agency requirements.
- Develops, implements, and maintains work center training programs.
- Participates with user support personnel to train personnel and functional users on use of automated information systems, computers, local and wide area networks, and other automated tools.
- Creates, adapts, and implements guides and controls for network, system, or total communications programs in support of daily operations or training exercises.
- Performs duties necessary to accomplish information technology and communications functions and provide for customer services in support of programs essential to daily operations, training, and readiness missions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560938700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.