This position is located in the Office of Management Programs (OMP) in the Civil Division. OMP provides administrative and support services to the Civil Division, including budget and finance, facilities, human resources management, information technology, litigation support, records management, and security. It provides Civil Division attorneys with a modern and efficient environment for practicing law, and Civil Division leadership with management and organizational advice.Learn more about this agency
The Attorney Advisor, Electronic Discovery will have a variety of responsibilities including advising, assisting and training all Division attorneys and support staff, as well as client agencies on e-discovery matters. The Attorney Advisor must posses outstanding expertise in the field of e-discovery. The Attorney Advisor will play an important role for the Civil Division and the Department of Justice in further developing e-discovery strategies to meet new legal e-discovery and advances in technology. The Attorney Advisor will work closely with the Civil Division's Executive Officer and other e-discovery attorneys as well as Division staff, senior DOJ management, and other federal agencies.
- Creates and monitors litigation holds internal to the Division and the Department for Civil Division matters.
- Develops materials for the Civil Division e-discovery website.
- Keeps attorneys abreast of electronic discovery developments.
- Provides guidance to case teams as they prepare for civil litigation by advising case teams on legal and technical electronic discovery issues.
- Provides legal advice to Civil Division attorneys on electronic discovery issues.
- Develops electronic discovery policies, practices, and trainings.
- Drafts e-discovery guidance based upon interpretations of rules, regulations, and case law regarding electronic discovery and information management.
- Ensures that the e-discovery team is taking proactive measures to address the anticipated e-discovery needs of the Division.
- Works closely with federal agencies to provide guidance and expertise in handling litigation involving e-discovery cases.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560919600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.