We are committed to:
- Teamwork: Partnering at all levels and across organizational boundaries for mission accomplishment.
- Integrity: Adherence to the highest legal and ethical principles in our responsibilities.
- Excellence: Unrivaled defense intelligence expertise.
- Service: Putting the welfare of the Nation and commitment to our mission before oneself.
DIA employs a variety of professionals who serve throughout the workforce to ensure successful operations. To view this position’s duties, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA’s online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- - U.S. Citizenship - Drug Test - Security Investigation
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Presents a positive, professional image of the office to all clients, colleagues, and leadership in spoken and written complex communications
2. Consults with customers to help them identify new requirements and refine existing requirements.
3. Facilitates the development of more integrated solutions by engaging and actively working with others who have unique but relevant expertise
4. Makes informed decisions about work priorities to ensure accurate completion of assignments and projects, and makes adjustments as required
5. Manages basic projects, to include client management; establishes clear, realistic measurable milestones/objectives to ensure others understand direction, deadlines, and expected outcomes.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
3. Experience building applications for MongoDB and MySQL datastores with a solid understanding of Openshift and/or C2S/Amazon Web Services.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Requirements may be met either through Education and/or Experience and/or a combination of both.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. The coursework must be either undergraduate or graduate and must include a minimum of 24 semester hours in one, or a combination of the following: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
GG-07 : One (1) full year of graduate level education; or Bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement
GG-09: Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree; OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree
GG-11 and above: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Must be IT-related (paid or unpaid);
• May have involved the completion of specific and intensive training (for example, IT certification);
• Should have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and should have been gained in the same or related field as the work of the position being filled;
• Should have been gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern was IT;
• Should consist of at least one year at a level equivalent to the next lower GG level;
• Must have demonstrated each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to detail: thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication: effectively expresses information, takes into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving: identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and makes appropriate recommendations.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
DIA positions are Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) positions in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Applicants must meet the agency’s conditions of employment, to include, but not limited to, satisfactory completion of an initial special background investigation and periodic reinvestigation, completion of any required medical examination and physical requirements, completion of any required personal interviews, favorable completion of any required initial or aperiodic polygraph examinations, completion of any required drug test, satisfactory completion of a two-year Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System trial period, and completion of a civilian mobility agreement. All employees are required to sign an agreement not to disclose, in any fashion, classified information to unauthorized persons. All civilian employees are required to participate in the DoD Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer of Pay (DD/EFT) Program. DIA employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Veterans who are preference-eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions are encouraged to apply.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position’s requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA’s online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Please see instructions within the on-line application for this vacancy announcement on the DIA web-site, www.dia.mil.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Please visit our web site, www.dia.mil. Under the "Careers" heading on our web site, you will find a listing of benefits available to DIA employees.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How Do I Apply
HOW DO I APPLY?
Unless specified within the vacancy announcement, you must complete and submit your job application electronically, using DIA's online job tool.
- Go to: http://www.dia.mil.
- Click the link to "Search and Apply for Jobs" or click the link to "Careers" > "Vacancies."
- Your first visit? Click "New User" to setup your account.
- Click "Search" to view Vacancy Announcements for opportunities that interest you.
- Save as a Favorite or select the Job Opening to Apply.
- At the top of the "Job Search" page, click "My Favorite Jobs" to view each announcement. Start the application process by clicking the "Apply" at the bottom of the announcement.
- While working on the application, "Save" frequently. When you save the document, prior to final submission, you can exit the application and return later to continue by logging-in and going to Job Search > My Activities > Applications with a status of Not Submitted.
- Finished? Click "Submit."
- You must complete and submit the application prior to the closing date listed on the Vacancy Announcement.
- Final applications are not available for revision. If you need to revise your application,
complete and submit another application.
All positions in the Defense Intelligence Agency are in the excepted service under 10 USC 1601 appointment authority and covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS), a General Grade (GG) pay system divided into grades and steps similar to OPM’s General Schedule (GS) compensation system. All candidates must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry and any required medical examinations.
Agency contact information
Civilian Operations Division
AddressDefense Intelligence Agency
Washington, DC 20340
Your application for employment must be prepared and submitted on-line at www.dia.mil. We will notify you, via e-mail, when your application has been received. Later, you will be notified, via e-mail, if DIA is or is not interested in you as a potential employee of our agency.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560755400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.