Positions will be in the Pricing Policy Division.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL ADDITIONAL POSITIONS WITHIN 90 DAYS.Learn more about this agency
- Works on complex legal issues that often require balancing conflicting interests. These matters can have an important impact on the telecommunications industry and affect major private and public interests.
- Provides authoritative advice to bureau officials on the Commission’s role in implementing policies and procedures pursuant the Communications Act.
- Drafts and reviews orders and regulations relating to wireline matters.
- Identifies and analyzes challenging issues and works with internal and external stakeholders to arrive at the best solution, taking into account both legal and policy concerns.
- Provides policy recommendations to division and bureau management.
- Analyzes public comments and makes recommendations for new rules or modification to existing rules.
- Prepares agenda items and proposed memorandum opinions and orders, notices of proposed rulemaking, and other decisional documents.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560745000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.