This position is in the Office of the Whistleblower, Division of Enforcement, and will be filled in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The SEC's Office of the Whistleblower
Congress established the SEC's whistleblower program to incentivize individuals to report information regarding possible securities laws violations to the Commission. The Commission established OWB, an office within the Division of Enforcement, to administer the program. Since the inception of the program, the Commission has:
- Issued more than $387 million in whistleblower awards to 72 individuals.
- Received over 33,000 tips from whistleblowers from every state in the U.S. and 123 foreign countries.
- Brought Enforcement actions based on information from whistleblowers in which over $2 billion in monetary sanctions was ordered against wrongdoers.
- Reviewing and analyzing facts and circumstances specific to a claim for whistleblower awards.
- Communicating and collaborating with investigative staff that bring successful enforcement actions based on whistleblower information.
- Building records for potential appeals of claims.
- Drafting and presenting recommendation memos for the Claims Review Staff (currently comprised of four senior ENF officers, including the Co Directors of ENF) and the Commission.
- Handling a large docket of whistleblower award claims at different stages in the review process.
- Serving as a subject matter expert related to the whistleblower program, including on issues relating to retaliation and whistleblower confidentiality, to investigative staff, other Commission staff, and to the general public.
- Reviewing, interpreting, and providing advice on the Dodd-Frank whistleblower legislation and whistleblower rules
- Performing other tasks and duties as necessary for the mission of the Office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560701500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.